Disclosure of Wrongdoing

Disclosure of Wrongdoing

​​​​​​​​​How To File a Disclosure Claim

Federal employees may report wrongdoing online using OSC Form 12, via fax number 202-254-3711, or by mail to:

Office of Special Counsel
1730 M Street NW
Suite 218
Washington, DC 20036

Filers may, in addition, use any written format to submit a disclosure to OSC, but the submission should include:
  • The name, mailing address, and telephone numbers(s) of the person(s) making the disclosure, and a time when OSC can contact that person about his or her disclosure;
  • The department or agency, location and organizational unit complained of; and
  • A statement as to whether the filer consents to disclosure of his or her identity by OSC to the agency involved, in connection with any OSC referral to that agency.

Disclosures are handled separately and differently than complaints involving personnel decisions, such as whistleblower retaliation or an otherwise improper personnel action. For all complaints regarding retaliation or another prohibited personnel practice, a separ​ate and different form – Form 11 – must be filed. An employee who believes he or she has suffered retaliation for whistleblowing may elect to file OSC Form 12 to disclose the government wrongdoing and also file OSC Form 11​ for the resulting retaliation or other adverse personnel action.