Who Can File a Complaint
The Disclosure Unit accepts disclosures from current federal employees, former federal employees, and applicants for federal employment (executive branch only). OSC does not have jurisdiction over disclosures filed by:
- Employees of the U.S. Postal Service and the Postal Regulatory Commission;
- Members of the armed forces of the United States (i.e., non-civilian military employees);
- State employees operating under federal grants;
- Other employees or federal agencies exempt by federal law (see: "Jurisdiction"); or
- Congressional or judicial branch employees.
Certain disclosures that involve foreign intelligence or counterintelligence information must be transmitted immediately by the Special Counsel to the National Security Advisor and to the congressional intelligence committees.